I came across this great infographic on iboxseo – it’s nicely lays out the tactics you need to get Google juice for one of your web site’s pages. The bottom of their blog post has ‘ranking factors’ – basically a cheatsheet on what matters, now, for Google’s ranking engine.
They list the top on page factors as:
- Keyword use anywhere in title tag
- Keyword use as the 1st word(s) of the title tag
- Keyword use in the root domain name
- Keyword use anywhere in the h1
- Keyword use in internal or external link anchor text on the page
- Keyword use in the first 50-100 words
It’s a great post; check out all the tips at the bottom of it!